Wednesday, January 20, 2010

My Spontaneous Trip Home

I was sitting at work Thursday in a status meeting with my co-workers talking about our Martin Luther King Holiday Plans (since we had the day off and a long 3 day weekend ahead). When it came to my turn to answer what i was doing over the weekend i was disappointed to say that i had nothing too exciting going on, just sticking around boring ol' LA not going to any fun destinations. Little did i know that was the EXACT OPPOSITE of how my weekend would turn out.

Saturday was awesome actually, i went to a Nike Sports Event with a friend of mine and sat in on a live interview with Kobe, one of the best basketball players ever, who is a member of the Lakers. It was really fun, plus i got to see Zack Effron ;) During the event my mom texted me and asked me if i wanted to go to Breakfast with her the next day. Of course i was all for it because i immediately knew that she was taking a flight into LA, how often does mom come to LA!!!

So the next morning i met her and her crew for breakfast at 8am (so early for me on a Sunday). Luckily i got up early enough to get ready and put on decent clothes! So i waited for mom to take care of the patient her crew was dropping off and then we headed off to the best breakfast at IHOP. During our conversation mom mentioned to me that because they just dropped off a patient there was room for me to come back to ABQ with them! I pushed the idea aside, but then realized that i had Monday off from work, I could totally go! So with everyone pressuring me to go back with them i agreed! Did i go home to pack...no. I just jumped right in with the clothes on my back, my purse, and my tennis racquet and shoes that just so happened to be in my car. That's right, i left LA on a jet plane, came back to NM in style!!! It was so cool, loved the ride, the most chill airplane ride ever. Here are some pics of the fun ride :)





It was so nice to be back in NM so soon for some reason. I took a long nice Sunday walk with mom, played some tennis, did some shopping, ate out with Tiff and my nephews, and my parents, and watched the whole premiere of 24 with my dad! I flew back to LA Tuesday morning to get back to work, the flight felt like a commute! I Got in at 8:30am and drove straight into work, and a busy day of work at that! It was really the best spontaneous weekend ever! Now who had plans to talk about at work ;) THANKS MOM, I LOVE YOU!!!

3 comments:

Courtney said...

So fun. And thanks for the explanation of who Kobe was. I didn't know.

Tami said...

I was wondering how you got home :) Yeah, probably wouldn't be wise for me to do soemthing like that with the kids :)

Barry said...

Your mom has the coolest job ever...