Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving in Austin

This year I decided to visit my brother for Thanksgiving in Austin, TX. I've never been there and I hadn't spent that much time with him and his family so it was a really fun and relaxing trip. I got in the day before Thanksgiving and was able to spend 3 1/2 days there!

Thanksgiving Day:
As you know, Scot and Becca have been super busy with many huge life changing events. Scot is graduating, they are moving to Colorado, and have been chosen for another adoption. So, needless to say we took it easy, I didn't want to cause any more stress:) For the turkey meal we went over to one of their friends' house. It was really nice. There Becca decided that she was going to pass on the Texas vs. Texas A&M football game her and Scot were planning on going to that night. So i took the spot! It was the loudest and craziest game I've been to! Texas people are REALLY into their football! It was really fun and I had a great time with Scot. I basically know the Texas cheer now:)
"What are you doing taking so many pictures of my cute self?" says Riley

Scot and I at the gameScoring a Touchdown!

Friday/Saturday/Sunday:
We just chilled and slept in (or maybe I just slept in, i caught up on a lot of sleep). Of course I had some Texas bbq which was amazing! We went to the WholeFoods national store which was crazzzzy awesome, they have avocado gelato! We took a driving tour of campus, and went to a Texas volleyball game! I also played a lot with Riley. She is the cutest, smartest little thing ever! I think girls are just naturally cuter and smarter than boys, no offense Tami and Tiffany:) All my nephews are cute though! Here are some pictures to enjoy!

Texas Women's Volleyball - made me miss volleyball, but so fun!
She loves sports!
She's a Texas Girl for sure
Us in front of the Texas Cow!
Me and the Texas PHD graduate!

Sunday DressI just wore her out so much she fell right asleep on Scot! JK, she wears herself out, she's such a little ball of energy!

Thanks Scot and Becca! I had a great time, I woke up the Monday after for work not tired at all because I was so refreshed from my visit! Good Luck moving!

No comments: