Sunday, November 20, 2011

A New Beginning


Welcome to our new blog "Potter About". I'm trying to start fresh - i figured since i'm starting a new life with Steve i mine as well start a new blog! Right now we are short of pictures, still trying to get all settled, but they will for sure be coming.

Stephen and I have now been married about a month (minus 2 days)! I don't feel like we've had to adjust much to married life, i mean yes we are always with each other now and i have to cook for Steve - but that's how we already were! The only thing different is we have to sleep in the same bed. Now THAT takes some adjusting - turns out i talk in my sleep (which i already knew) and he is a pretty active sleeper to say the least. I guess we'll get used to that :)


Biggest things that have happened to us in the past month...

1. Went to Kaui on our honeymoon! Hawaii was, for lack of a better word to describe it, AMAZING. I don't think either of us have ever been so relaxed in our entire lives. The scenery was breath-taking, the beaches were beautiful and the activities were so fun. Some activities included touring the island in a helicopter, snorkeling, hiking to beaches and waterfalls, and bbq'ing on the beach. It was the best time ever! Pictures are to come (believe me, i can't even wait to see them all).

2. Moved to El Segundo. We've finally gotten semi-settled into our newly remodeled home (duplex) a block away from the beach. It's been quite an adventure with this one alone, but the apartment turned out so great and i'm loving every minute of organizing it, decorating it (in theory right now), and even cleaning it! We are loving the small home town feel of El Segundo, the grocery stores actually have ample parking! It's been a blast getting to know the area and the people here. More pictures to come of this as well.

3. Bought a washer and dryer! Now this one is life changing, maybe just as much as getting married! We just got these two beauties delivered yesterday and i feel like such a grown-up now! We've already done like 5 loads - just cause we can. Steve actually has been doing them because he thinks it's fun, wonder how long that will last.


I'm trying to post more often, so feel free to check-in and see how we're doing!

2 comments:

Nick and Katherine said...

This is so exciting! I loved hopping on my blog and seeing you had updated yours!!! Congrats!!!

Tiffany said...

Whoa! A post!!! So exciting! I'm glad you finally posted so now I can know what's going on in your life! :)