So, I have an ex co-worker friend, Sonia, that had planned a Mexico trip with her friend. It was this awesome package deal with flight and hotel at a low price! Well, her friend bailed on her, which is where i came in. I decided that I would go to Mexico with her! (at one point a friend was gonna get married there that week so it would of been perfect, but it just ended up being Sonia and I - or so i thought it would). Since I bought the airline tickets at a different time, I was lucky enough to get on 3 out of her 4 flights going to and from Cancun. We thought this was awesome, the first flight was the only different one and I would just be leaving about 2 hours before her, in which I would wait for her in Mexico City where we would meet up to get on the flight to Play Del Carmen (a city south of Cancun). Well, we both were WAY exited. We left on a Saturday night at 11pm and 1pm respectively. I got on my flight and told her i would be meeting her in Mexico! Well...4am I land in Mexico City and started my wait for Sonia. I took a nap, wondered around, and finally ventured over to the gate where we were to depart from. Being about 2 hours later, i anticipated her arrival, but she never came to the gate! I waited, waited, and finally broke down and called her on my cell phone, this was about 30 minutes before the plane was to leave. I get a hold of her and this is how the conversation went:
Me: "Sonia, where are you?"
Sonia: "Oh my gosh, Shana, I've been trying to get a hold of you all night. I'm still in LA! My passport expired! I don't' know what to do..."
Me: "You have got to be freakin' kidding me, I'm in Mexico City!"
Phone: Dead Silence...Dead dead dead
So, I frantically called her on a pay phone, got all the shuttle and hotel information from her and barely made it on my flight as they were closing the doors while I was still on the phone. So there ya go, I went to Mexico alone! It was actually pretty fun, but at the end of the day I was in my hotel room at 8pm (at the request of my mom, and honestly me too) just watching pointless TV - that was very boring. When I got to my hotel that first day, I called my mom to tell her my sad story and she just busted up laughing. I mean come on, who else would this happen to, only me right? The story of my life! She made me have a humorous outlook on the whole thing. I even tried calling a couple friends that i knew that had current passports to get them down there, but no such luck, the Lord wanted me on my own:) Here's how the week went.
Sunday:
I came into Mexico. I got to the hotel, walked to the city and scoped it out. I went to the beach, window shopped, and talked to the Mexicans - and by talking I mean saying hi after they whistled, honked and hit on me. It was great fun, riiight.
Monday:
Slept in till 1am (keep in mind that i flew through the night the night before and got very little sleep). I then got up and got ready to go to the city. Once I got there I saw a ferry that was going to Cozumel, so I hopped right on it and spent the afternoon there! After that I started my nightly ritual of finding somewhere to eat in Playa Del Carmen and walking back around 8pm to beat the night fall.
Tuesday:
I swam with dolphins in the morning and did a 2 tank dive in the afternoon. The dolphins were awesome. We got to hug, kiss, and play with them. They then did 2 tricks. One where they come up beside you and you grab onto their dorsal fins and they pull you through the pool, and another where they come up behind you and put their noses on your feet and they push you through the pool like you are flying. It's awesome! It's amazing how smart and friendly dolphins are. This was a really neat experience. Then, scuba diving was awesome. The water was so clear and very wamr (unlike Catalina - although it had it's cool parts too). Here are the pics.
Wednesday:
This was my Telum adventure day. A van driver picked the group up and we drove to the rain forest by Telum where we did some zip lining, repelling and snorkeling in a Cenote, an underground cave full of water. Then we went off to Telum, the mayan ruins, got a tour and hung out at the beach.
Thursday:
I woke up and got ready to leave. I had what turned into about 11 hours of traveling time ahead of me. Ya, long time, lets just say I'm not traveling for a little while, especially not alone. What I learned? I HATE being alone, I LIKE friends. But, I survived and it's a great story to tell!
Here's my zip lining Video:)
3 comments:
Shana sounds like a fun trip. Even if alone. Next time give me a call that would be so fun! Love ya!
You finally put it up! Love the pics. You look so hot in your bikini! I'm jealous!!! You've got the great body without the work!
I'm still laughing as I read through your adventures and look at the pics. I especially like when you took pictures of yourself.
Post a Comment